Saturday, September 04, 2010

Making headway...

Quite often in the afternoons I get to enjoy this: spending time at the patio table, putting the feet up for a rest, reading a book and sipping on a glass of wine.

And it is exactly what I've hoped it would be...




I've been waiting for this yard project to be completed for a very long time! Unfortunately I cannot say I've been very patient through this process. However, I CAN say, we're so pleased with the headway we're finally making!


If you've been following along over the past year you'll know that we've put extra efforts into finishing our back yard... once and for all.





We planted an herb box, with a single rose bush right in the middle of the box.

The aromatic medallion tea rose provided a new blossom this week. I think it's going to survive. While it's been a mellower-than-usual summer, the two weeks of extreme heat we had was tough on this rose... it still has loads of scorched leaves. But there's also over a dozen new areas of growth all over the plant. I'd say it's thriving!


So, it's now time to go out and do some clean up back there (before the sun creeps over the hedges) so I can continue to enjoy the bounty of our hard work.

How are YOU enjoying the work of your hands and the blessings of our heavenly Father?

Life is good...

No comments:

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.