Sunday, January 23, 2011

He loves justice...

Lord, you know my internal struggle today...
the spiritual battle... my plea for justice...


Why do violent people get to keep being violent to the innocent... violence continues to happen to those who cannot speak for themselves.
Why, God, why?



This I know:
I am here to worship and honor you...
so how can I worship and honor you in seeking
justice for the repeated injustices?

This is my plea ... today more than ever:

What can I do to honor You today,
to honor the legacy of the life at risk,
to honor the love instilled in the family name... ?




Psalm 11
For the director of music. Of David.


1 In the LORD I take refuge.
How then can you say to me:
“Flee like a bird to your mountain.

2 For look, the wicked bend their bows;
they set their arrows against the strings
to shoot from the shadows
at the upright in heart.


3 When the foundations are being destroyed,
what can the righteous do?”

4 The LORD is in his holy temple;
the LORD is on his heavenly throne.
He observes everyone on earth;
his eyes examine them.

5 The LORD examines the righteous,
but the wicked, those who love violence,
he hates with a passion.


6 On the wicked he will rain
fiery coals and burning sulfur;
a scorching wind will be their lot.

7 For the LORD is righteous,
he loves justice;
the upright will see his face.


:::Lord, I pray you lead me in your way everlasting... I pray you order my days, direct my footsteps and rein in my sinful desires. I'm broken. I'm hurting for those who hurt. :::



What would you have me do?





No comments:

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.