Friday, December 25, 2009

my quiet Christmas morning...

This morning I woke to a start... WHAT TIME IS IT?!

It was 4:36 am... and I was now wide awake.

WHY?!

I tried rolling over and going back to sleep - but after a few minutes of staring at the wall, well it was time to get up.

So, I've been catching up on various blogs, watching the "yule log" channel on tv (yes, the one that shows the fireplace, with the video set to Christmas music)... but I've got the tv on MUTE. Instead, I'm listening to Pandora's "Swingin' Christmas" station. GOTTA LOVE IT!

And I picked up around the house. Lee and I have plans to be here all day... and I didn't want to putter around in a dirty home. So I cleaned off the dining room table, did the dishes, lit quite a few candles and finished wrapping the last presents.

I love mornings like this... they rock my world!

I've taken some new pics of my house this morning too! There is a generous pile of gifts under our "Christmas ficus"... and our walls are adorned with cards from our friends and family. Some of the cards are photos (we SOOO look forward to seeing how big your kids got over the past 12 months), some are cards with letters in them and some are handmade. We love them all equally! Let it be known - we are an equal opportunity card-loving family!







It's kinda like being here with us... welcome to our living room... it's Christmas at the Tisdales...



No comments:

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.