Monday, May 31, 2010

Friday night in Clovis



Last Friday I had the opportunity to check out another farmer's market: Old Town Clovis Farmers' Market

Our first stop (oh wait, after the tri-tip sandwiches - which I didn't get a picture of because my hands were drippy) was the corn! Oh - did we search out the corn...





And wow - this is some special corn! It's fire-roasted in the husks, then stripped and cleaned. Next, the corn starts to receive layer after layer of tasty-goodness: starting with butter, followed by mayonnaise, followed by parmesan cheese and lastly followed by cayenne pepper!

Exchange it for a few dollars and you're off to enjoy the rest of the farmers' market...

Let me introduce you to my friend Heather - she likes the corn! (And that's an understatement!)



Take a walk with us... see what we saw!























If you haven't had the chance yet... find a farmers' market near you! They are full of people-watching opportunities, yummy fresh produce and some really great times!


But don't take my word for it... check it out for yourself...

And if you want to read more about some of the other farmer's markets I've visited, go to my food blog: http://lorijeancooks.blogspot.com/



enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.