Saturday, October 31, 2009

Krumkake

The Haraldsen family shared in a Norwegian tradition this week. We made Krumkake. And I was fortunate enough to have inherited this beautiful iron, forged in Norway. My Grampa, Erling Haraldsen, passed this along to me. It had originally been his mother's.



And the recipe was written in her hand-writing. Once you bake the krumkake over the heat, it is rolled into a conical shape on the wooden piece below. They are smaller and flakier than waffle cones, but can be enjoyed in the same way. Yummy...







Grampa instead used an electric iron so we could get through the batter mix faster... here you will see his process.


Thank you, Grampa for sharing this tradition with me. I will treasure this gem for a long time.



No comments:

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.