Thursday, November 26, 2009

I love my job...

Well, let me rephrase: I love my job and I love my hobbies. And sometimes the two worlds collide! Last weekend I had the opportunity to take pictures of a co-worker and his family. It was time for the annual Marshall family photo shoot. They pick a different spot each year... and while this post is more about the scenic pics I took than their pics, I'll share one of my favs of their family with you... aren't they cute?!



We didn't know what the weather was going to be like. http://weather.weatherbug.com/CA/San%20Diego-weather.html?nav_section=1&zcode=z6286 was calling for rain. But we arrived at our destination and the glorious sun was shining! It was just beautiful!


This is what the drive there looked like - and yes, I confess, some of these pics were taken while driving. (Do you call that DUIC? "Driving under the influence of camera"?) Enjoy ...








The 209 fwy South takes you through Point Loma and into Cabrillo National Park. As you are driving south, on the left is the bay of San Diego. You can see: the airport, Coronado Bridge (in the last pic - it's right in the middle of the shot), Coronado Island and tons of sail boats. Simply breathtaking...

And then you start the descent to the coast line...



And then you find a parking place and step out of the car. But watch your step...




And from here, as long as you have a good sense of balance and a willingness to slip and fall... it's all good... (some of us fell on the slippery rocks, some of us got drenched, and some of us knew better... i dare not expose our identities... )









So, you can see why I say "Life is Good!"... it's days like this that I am reminded of how blessed I am to live in Southern California. (And the traffic didn't even bug that me that much today... must've been happy I wasn't one who slipped/fell near the cliffs... )

No comments:

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.