Thursday, September 11, 2008

A visit with my Mom's Dad






My parents came into town for a visit... and they didn't even stay with us! No, instead they stayed w/ my Mom's Dad... my Gramps, and his wife Maryann.

My Dad helped w/ odds and ends around the house (yes, he's making a 'stinky face' because he was working on his vacation) ... and Mom did some cooking and grocery shopping and helping out as well during the week they were here. On this night,Lee and I went down to visit for an evening of chatting and catching up... and we had some dessert together. Really nice visit.

As our family learns about Alzheimers we spend as much of this time as possible with Gramps... talking through the stories he still remembers and reminding him of our names every now and then but most importantly telling him we love him.

No comments:

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.