Monday, January 01, 2007

I don't do resolutions (Jan '07)

But I do like to try to improve myself. So, at this time of year I think about how I can improve my person. This doesn’t have anything to do with losing weight or exercising more, spending less or getting rid of debt – it’s more like “Self-Help by Lori”. Things like: I promise to respond to email faster, I’ll try to actually put my laundry away after washing it, I’ll try to dust more often, etc.

But as I look back at last year’s self-help attempts it dawns on me that I don’t even remember what they were. So, either I accomplished them or I miserably failed and gave up somewhere along the way. All of that to say – I’m not going to kick myself or let myself get depressed over the fact that I can’t manage to keep my yard looking decent.

This all goes back to one of Lori’s crazy rules – you’ll accomplish something in life when you’re darn ready to accomplish it. Meaning - when it becomes the priority it’ll get done. Until then don’t beat yourself up over it. There must be some more important things in life to take care of or worry about. So go work on those instead of spending time fretting over something you won’t be able to keep up with.

And oh by the way – HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.