Saturday, April 22, 2006

Expectations (April '06)

I don’t usually make “New Year’s Resolutions”… and in fact my 2006 started with the mantra of “This is MY year”. I was starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for some long-term financial goals. I was starting to see some of the pieces fit together in my journey for “my life with less drama - starring Lori” (including less reality tv). I was starting to truly feel grounded in what I knew I wanted to do in my future. (Yes, I’m married… I own my own home… I’ve been working at the same “day job” for 9 years… and I don’t really have a heck of a lot to complain about.) I am starting to feel that conflict is leaving my world… and the peace is settling.
Maybe this is par for the course? Maybe I’m just “growing up” a bit more? Maybe I truly feel what I’ve been saying for so long … that I like who I am, flaws and all. Maybe I’m ready to admit the things about myself I don’t like – and learn to simply deal with it. I don’t really know.

To steal a term from a well-known daytime talk show host “One thing I know…” is that this year - I’m taking care of me. I’m making decisions for me. I’m learning to put my goals and plans and dreams more toward to the top of the “to do list” … save for the grace of Christ and His intervening in my world… I’m living for me rather than those in this world who have expectations on me.

No comments:

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.