Friday, February 10, 2006

Emotions (Feb '06)

Today is what I call a "sad day".... I don't know WHY I'm feeling blue... I just am. When my husband asks why I'm not smiling more - I don't have a specific reason. It's just one of those days where I woke up sad and I choose to stick it out through these emotions.

Maybe I won't figure out WHY I'm sad... maybe I won't have a great epiphany as to WHAT occurred that is making me feel sad... maybe I will just LIVE in these emotions and let it be... maybe I'm OK w/ the tears running down my face all the way to work... maybe it's OK for me to face the world today without a cheery smile and optimistic outlook.

Does it make me "depressed"? No... not clinically. Does it make me bitchy? No... I'm still responsible for my actions and know when not to speak or act out in anger ... most of the time. Does it make me an uncontrollable, emotional wreck? No... Does it make me a weak human being? No... I'm just living through the emotions... we all have them. So instead of "stuffing" them and pretending that everything is OK and that I've got it all together and that I've got the world on a string - I'm just going to be ME today - and let these emotions run their course.

I know laughter will return at some point today ... it's just a matter of time. I know optimism will creep back in... and the glass will be half FULL again. I know that LIVING IN MY EMOTIONS is the healthiest thing for me to do for myself today.

Carpe Diem!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a healthy thing to assess ourselves AND it's a healthy thing to be able to look at ourselves in the mirror and realize today MAY NOT be the absolutely best day of the week ... BUT if the sun ALWAYS shines our days would just run together, there would be no variety or much definition in our world. The ups and downs, the highs and lows CAN be a good thing ... it teaches us to truly appreciate the good days!
For me, I know whatever kind of day it is, it is the day that the Lord has made and I WILL rejoice in it!

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.