Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Recuperation! (Jan '06)

Anyone who knows me (even for a short time) knows that I do not sit still very well. I am constantly running... constantly thinking about the next thing to accomplish, the next thing to get involved with, the next thing to mark off my "to do before I die" list, the next thing to volunteer for, etc. Some see me as the classic over-achiever trying to set world records for Guiness... but in all reality I just don't believe in getting rusty.

To those worried about me living a full life - you'll be relieved to know that I slowed down this week. This last week I SAT. I sat back in my pajamas and watched way too much TV and expected others' to do things for me and FULLY ENJOYED every minute of it.

Actually - I couldn't do much to change the circumstances! So I sat back and enjoyed my surroundings - I enjoyed every last "get well" card and flower bouquet and email message wishing me back on my feet.

Last Friday (Jan 20th) I had my gall bladder removed. This was my first time in surgery (I hate to break it to everyone - but having your wisdom teeth pulled isn't much of a "surgery"... not like this anyway)... and hopefully I will not have to go through too many more surgeries. All went well - and I'm recuperating speedily. And I'm feeling extremely better today than I was yesterday. And hopefully tomorrow will bring even more of an improvement.

In the meantime I will continue to make the most of the circumstances and catch up on some reading, phone calls, visits with family and friends... such is the life! Now if I can just figure out a way to keep this many fresh flower bouquets in my house at all times...

No comments:

Copyright

All images are © Lori Tisdale, 1990-2011 unless otherwise noted. Images are posted for your personal inspiration only and may not be copied/pasted into emails to share with anyone else, posted on other sites, copied for publications, contest submissions, or monetary gain. I'd have to track you down and who knows what would happen then?! Thank you for being considerate.